Cream of Crawfish Soup
- 1/2 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 1 T. flour
- 1 t. butter
- 1 qt. milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 med. onion
- Salt &
pepper to taste
- 2 T. dry sherry
- Whipped cream for garnish
Chopped parsley and paprika
- In top of double boiler, blend flour and butter until smooth. Gradually add
milk and cream.
- Add whole onion, salt, pepper and crawfish.
- Cook mixture over hot water for 15-30 minutes.
- Soup should be the consistency of thin cream.
- Remove onion before serving.
- Serve hot with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of parsley and
paprika, if desired.
Serves 6 to 8.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis, and The Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes