Cajun Crawfish Wontons
- 1/2 c Butter
- 2 c Spanish onions; dice fine
- 1 c Celery; dice fine
- 1/2 c Green onion tops; slice thin
- 3 lb Crawfish tails; peeled
- 2 ts Granulated garlic
- 1 ts Black pepper
- 3/4 ts Chili powder
- 1/4 ts Cayenne pepper
- 10 oz Can Rotel tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 1/8 c Chicken broth
- 1/3 c Blond roux; recipe follows below
- 8 oz Pk pasteurized process cheese spread
- 1 pk Wonton skins
- 3 Eggs; beaten
- Oil for deep-frying
For the BLOND ROUX:
- 3 tb Butter
- 3 tb Flour
- Melt butter and sauté onion and celery for 8 to 10 minutes or until
- Add green onion and crawfish and saute for 5 minutes.
garlic, peppers, chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
tomatoes, cream and chicken broth; bring just to a boil and stir in
roux. Cook and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to low and add cheese;
stir until melted. Cool in fridge for 1 hour.
- Lay 4 wonton skins
on a clean, dry surface. Brush outer edges of each with beaten egg.
Place 1 tb filling in center; put of 4 corners of each over filling and
pinch edges together to seal. Place on waxed pepper and repeat with
- Refrigerate until ready to fry:
- Heat enough
oil for deep-frying to 350~. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 3 minutes
or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook and stir
until roux is the color or honey.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cajun Recipes Page 1