Cajun Crawfish Jumble
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1 medium
- 2 or 3 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
tsp. coarse-ground garlic powder (or a clove of garlic, minced)
- 1 can
(10 oz.) of condensed Cream of Shrimp soup
- 1 lb. (two 8-oz. packages)
frozen cooked crawfish tail meat (you can find this in the frozen fish
section next to the frozen shrimp and the faux crab/lobster meat)
- Creole seasoning to taste.
- Melt the butter in a heavy, 2-quart or better covered pot or kettle.
- Chop the onion and bell peppers coarsely (about 1-inch pieces)
and sauté carefully along with the mushroom slices just until the onions
turn clear. Don't let the butter turn brown.
- Add the garlic.
Then add the crawfish meat and stir. (If you can't find frozen crawfish
meat where you live, you can substitute cooked, peeled, frozen shrimp
instead. Crawfish tails are about an inch long, so, you don't need the
large sized shrimp.)
- Allow this mixture to get hot, then stir in
just half the can of Cream of Shrimp soup, adding more as needed to
maintain a nice, thick consistency.
- Serve over rice, and garnish
with a whole cooked crawfish is desired.
Okra is a great
vegetable to serve with this along with cornbread, hushpuppies or
This recipe serves 4 to 6 people
Cajun Recipes Page 1