Crawfish Tomato Hushpuppies
- 1 lb. crawfish tail meat, chopped
- 1 pkg. hushpuppy mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped tomato
- Peanut oil for frying
- Remoulade or tartar sauce
- Combine all ingredients except oil and sauce and stir until smooth.
aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat 3” of oil to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter by rounded spoonful's into hot oil.
- Fry a few at a time until golden brown, turning
- Drain and serve immediately with purchased remoulade or tartar sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes