Crawfish Stuffed Trout Filets
- 1 lg. trout filet per serving
- 1 can seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 c. chopped crawfish tailmeat
- Olive oil
- 6 oz. crabmeat
- Salt, pepper & lemon juice to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 T. minced parsley
- Lemon wedges and parsley
- Salt and pepper fish. Set aside.
- Sauté 1 bay leaf, finely
chopped, in olive with half of the onion, celery, parsley, salt, pepper
and lemon juice. Cook until wilted.
- Add water to bread crumbs to
soften, then add crabmeat and finely chopped crawfish tailmeat Add to
vegetable mixture and cook 10 minutes.
- Mound dressing on each
filet, roll and secure with toothpicks. Flour the rolled filets well,
and put in pan with olive oil. Cook about 25 minutes at 300 degrees,
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes with the other
half of the onion, garlic, celery and parsley, 1 bay leaf and salt and
pepper to taste. Add water to achieve desired consistency. Cook about 5
minutes, remove bay leaf and pour sauce over fish.
- Cook an
additional 30 minutes, basting often. Serve on a platter garnished with
lemon wedges and parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes Page 1