Crawfish Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
If you love stuffed jalapenos, then you are going to drool over these
awesome peppers with crawfish tails added! Although this recipe doesn't
call for it, you can always wrap bacon around them also!
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 10 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 T. grated onion
- 3 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb. jalapeno peppers
- Red & green pepper slices
- Pat crawfish tailmeat dry with paper towels and chop.
cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in crawfish, onion, Worcestershire,
garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- Rinse whole
peppers and remove stem ends. Cut whole peppers in half lengthwise and
remove seeds. (Wear rubber gloves when working with peppers).
- Stuff pepper haves with crawfish mixture and garnish with additional
pepper slices. For added zip, sprinkle with Cajun/ Creole seasoning
Makes about 30 appetizers.
courtesy of Leslie Davis and the
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and Research Board. Used with
Cajun Recipes Page 1
Non Cajun Appetizers