This crawfish dish uses crawfish tailmeat, butter, cream, Cayenne
pepper, lemon juice and more. Serve this over hot biscuits or toast
point and you have a feast!
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 2 ½ T. flour
- 3/4 t. salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 pt. half & half cream
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 T. sherry or lemon juice
- Hot biscuits or toast points
- Melt butter or margarine. Stir in flour and seasonings.
half & half gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring
constantly. Stir a little of the hot mixture into egg yolks. Add yolks
to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add crawfish and heat
thoroughly. Remove from heat and stir in sherry or lemon juice.
- Serve immediately over hot biscuits or toast points.
*Note: If you do not have crawfish available in your area, peeled
shrimp will work just fine in this recipe.
Recipe is courtesy of
Leslie Davis at Louisiana Crawfish and
Cajun Recipes Page 1
Non Cajun Appetizers