- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds crawfish tails
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 short celery ribs chopped fine
- 1 small bell pepper chopped fine
- 1 8oz stick butter
- 1 tsp. each red pepper, black pepper
- 2 garlic pods chopped fine
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup sliced scallions (green onions)
- 1 package cheddar cheese
- 1 package Colby Monterey
- I small block pepper jack cheese cut in pieces for easier melting
- 1 -2 sliced jalapenos peppers
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter sauté onions, celery, and bell pepper.
Add seasonings and garlic and sauté two minutes longer
- Blend in the
mushroom soups, celery soup and the tomato sauce; cook on low for 20 to 30
- To the heated mixture, add the crawfish, parsley, and green
onions; cook five minutes more.
- Add the pepper jack cheese and cheddar
cheese blending until completely melted and heated through.
- Layer chips
and top with jalapenos and the crawfish mixture and top with Monterey
- All may be heated in a 350 oven for 5 minutes or until cheese
Yield : 1 Servings : 6 - 8 servings Prep Time : 30m Cook Time : 30m Ready In
photo courtesy of Real Cajun
Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1
Non Cajun Appetizers