Holly's Crawfish Fettuccine
Holly say's she often doubles this recipe when she wants to cook for a
This is a great "make ahead" recipe and ready to go, when you are!
- 1 (8-ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces reduced-fat pasteurized cheese spread
- 1/2 cup shredded, part-skim, mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to directions on package. drain and set
- In a large nonstick pot, melt butter and sauté onion,
green pepper, and garlic until tender. Add flour and stir until
- Gradually stir in milk until mixture is smooth and
bubbly. Add cheese spread and mozzarella, stirring until melted. Add the
remaining ingredients, except green onions, and cook for 2 minutes or
- Toss with pasta and green onions and serve.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 376, Calories from fat
18%, Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 125 mg, Sodium 563 mg,
Carbohydrate 46 g, dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 14 g, Protein 30 g,
Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1 vegetable, 3 lean
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and Research Board and Holly Clegg,
used with permission.
prepare Crawfish Fettuccine!
Cajun Recipes Page 1