Thad's Crawfish Deviled Eggs
Crawfish Deviled Eggs are a twist on the same old deviled eggs! The
addition of the seasoned crawfish tails adds a Cajun kick!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 lb. (or more) crawfish tails; cooked,
peeled, chopped and seasoned to taste.
Basic Egg Filling:
- 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Pepper to
- Cajun seasonings to taste (optional)
- Cut eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the egg yolks gently,
trying not to tear eggs and add to a mixing bowl.
- Arrange eggs on a
serving platter, empty side up.
- Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise,
mustard, salt, pepper or Cajun seasonings to taste.
- Add chopped
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika if desired and serve.
- Add cooked crawfish claws to the top of the eggs in the middle for
presentation if desired.
Recipe yields 12 crawfish deviled eggs.
Variation: You may use cooked, chopped and peeled shrimp if
crawfish are not available in your area.
Recipe and photo
courtesy of Thaddeus Hebert, used with permission.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Appetizers