This crawfish dish is filled with crawfish tailmeat, along with
tomatoes, margarine, Cajun/Creole seasonings, and more. Serve this over
rice, and you have a feast!
- 2 lbs. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 2-2 1/2 c. water
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 sm. can tomato paste
- 2 T. margarine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- 1 t. Cajun/ Creole seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 T. parsley
- 1 T. sugar
- 1-2 t. salt, to taste
- 1 t. lemon pepper
1/3 c. flour
- 1/3 c. cooking oil
- Sauté’ chopped vegetables in margarine until soft.
vegetables are simmering, make a roux with the flour and oil, stirring
until it reaches a caramel color. Add softened vegetables to the
- Add tomatoes and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste
and other seasonings. Add water until it reaches desired consistency.
Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add crawfish and stir over
medium heat for about 3 minutes. Cover and simmer over low heat for 5
minutes. Sprinkle in parsley.
- Serve over rice. Freezes very
*Note: If you do not have crawfish available in your area,
peeled shrimp will work just fine in this recipe.
courtesy of Leslie Davis at Louisiana Crawfish and Marketing Board
Cajun Recipes Page 1