- 1 box Rice-a-Roni
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- Salt to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Ground cayenne pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, brown rice/vermicelli mixture in 2 tablespoons butter
or margarine until vermicelli is light brown. Stir frequently.
- Add 2 1/2 cups hot water and stir in seasonings salt, onion powder,
garlic powder and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add 1 pound peeled crawfish and corn.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or
until all water is absorbed.
- Stir before serving.
Recipe is courtesy of Azlinda and was posted at our message board.
Margarita asked: "Is there any best kind of rice a roni to use? This
sounds like a GREAT QUICK fix for me and my sister but there a lot of
selections of the rice a roni. If there is a specific one to use, let me
know!!! Blessed be Margarita."
Azlinda replied "I like the chicken
Rice-a-Roni with this one, but the choice is yours."
replied "Thank ya !!!"
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes