Crab, Carrot, Caper & Lime Salad
A recipe for Crab, Carrot, Caper and Lime Salad. Delicious summer
dish that serves eight as an appetizer
- juice of 3 limes (approx 2 oz)
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne or cider vinegar
- 6-8 oz extra virgin olive oil
- salt, pepper, hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped basil
- ½ bunch finely chopped scallions
- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, picked for shells
- ½ cup fine dice carrots, blanched and shocked in ice water
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- Basil leaves, sliced ripe avocado
- Place lime juice,
shallots, and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil. Season to
taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- In another bowl, mix basil,
scallions, crabmeat, carrots and capers, then fold in the lime vinaigrette until
ingredients are well coated and salad is tasty.
- Garnish with basil sprigs
and avocado and serve.
Courtesy of louisianaseafood.com