Corn and Crawfish Chowder Soup
- 1 stick - 8 tbsp. - butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 lbs. peeled crawfish tails
- 1 quart milk or cream
- 2 cans cream corn
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of potato soup
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium red potatoes parboiled (optional)
Seafood is a favorite dish among Cajuns. This soup is great for the Cajun
soul in you!
- In a medium saucepan over low heat blend together the margarine and
- Add the onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic.
- Cook until veggies are tender approximately 15 minutes.
- Add corn, milk, and potato soup and blend well. Add potatoes if using
and add seasoning and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 30 minutes over medium to low heat, stirring to prevent
- Add the crawfish, parsley and green onions and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley and smoked paprika -serve and enjoy!
- Shrimp and crab meat maybe added or substituted.
Yield : 1 Servings : 8 servings Prep Time : 25m Cook Time : 40m Ready In :
Recipe and photo courtesy of Real Cajun Recipes. Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1