- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 TBLS vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 pieces French sourdough bread, about 6 inches each, sliced lengthwise
- 2 TBLS olive oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups Olive Spread (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 cups bottled pickled vegetables, drained
- 1/4 cup pitted Calamata olives, drained
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives, drained
- 1 jar (1/2 cup) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 TBLS capers
- 2 TBLS parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- In food processor, place Olive Spread ingredients: roasted red peppers,
pickled vegetables, Calamata olives, green olives, artichoke hearts, capers,
parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper and olive oil. Chop by
pulsing until consistency of cole slaw. Marinate for at least 30 minutes at
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill, or preheat broiler. Place chicken breast
halves between two pieces of wax paper; pound gently to ¼ inch thickness.
Brush each side of chicken with vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper.
Grill or broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until cooked throughout.
- Assemble sandwich by opening bread and drizzling each half with olive
oil. Spread ½ cup Olive Spread on bottom of each sandwich; top with grilled
chicken and one slice of Swiss and one slice provolone cheese.
Nutritional Information, Per Serving:
870 calories; 42 g fat; 14 g
saturated fat; 68 g carbohydrate
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Chicken Council and the Culinary
Institute of New Orleans, Louisiana. Used with permission.