Catfish Parmesan with Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut in half
- ½ pound spaghetti noodles
- 1 (24-ounce) jar of marinara sauce
- 1 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil, chiffonade for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking
spray. Prepare noodles according to package directions. Place cooked noodles
in four separate portions into the pan for easy serving.
- In a blender,
combine marinara and roasted red peppers. Blend until smooth. Spoon 2/3 of
the sauce over the noodle piles. Set remaining aside.
- In a small bowl,
whisk together milk and egg. In another bowl, combine the next 8
ingredients. Dust fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture, then
- Heat oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high
heat. Place breaded fillets in the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side, or
until golden brown. Place each cooked fillet on top of the marinara. Spoon
remaining sauce over each fillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in the
oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with
basil and serve family style.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Louisiana Seafood and Marketing Board.