Cajun Catfish Remoulade
- 1 c Nonfat Mayonnaise
- 1 head Lettuce; bite sized pieces
- 1 qt water
- 1 tb Lemon Juice
- 1 tb Onion; grated
- 1 tb
- 1/2 ts Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 c Creole Mustard
- 1/3 c Fresh Horseradish
- 2 ts Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Bay Leaves
Beefsteak Tomatoes; in wedges
- 4 dr Tabasco
- 8 Catfish Fillets
- Mix first seven ingredients in a glass jar; cover and refrigerate
- Cut catfish fillets into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring water, Old Bay Seasoning, bay leaves, and cayenne pepper to a
gentle simmer and add catfish fillets.
- Cook until the meat flakes, about
Remove from heat, cover and let the fish cool in the
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, drain
the catfish fillets and place them on a bowl and nestle it in the center
of the serving platter filled with lettuce and serve.
with tomato wedges and parsley.
Catfish Remoulade Recipe is by: Medford Mail Tribune, 10 January 1995
Cajun Recipes Page 1