Cajun Fresh Stuffed Crabs
- 1 doz. fresh crabs
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- Wesson oil
- Pepperidge Farm Dressing
- 1 onion parsley
- 1/2 bell pepper
pepper and salt to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Boil crabs in black pepper seasoned water around 30 minutes. Cool.
- Pry crabs open with a knife. Remove all white meat and a little crab
fat. Set aside.
- Scrub shells in clean water. Drop in boiling
water with a pinch of soda for about 20 minutes.
- Cool shells before
- Sauté chopped onion, green pepper, garlic and
celery in Wesson oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add crabmeat and brown.
- Add a
little butter, crab fat and water to moisten.
- Then add red pepper, salt,
Kitchen Bouquet (this will turn it slightly brown).
- Cover and
simmer 30 minutes (or until water is absorbed).
- Mix with dry dressing
and stuff the shells.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 20 25 minutes in 350
Can be frozen but omit crumbs on top. You can also
refrigerate over night and then bake.
Cajun Recipes Page 1