Creole White Bean Soup
- 1/2 c Minced onion
- 1/2 c Minced celery
- 1/4 c Chopped bell pepper
- 2 T Butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 lb Ham,1" cubes
- 1 lb Smoked sausage, 1/2" slices
- 1 cn Tomato sauce(8oz)
- 2 cn Navy white beans w/bacon (16oz)
- 4 c Water
- Black pepper
- In large saucepan, cook onion, celery and bell pepper in butter until
- Add ham and tomato sauce; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
separate saucepan, bring navy beans with bacon to boil.
- Puree beans and
their liquid in a food processor or blender; add to ham mixture.
- Add the water; season to taste and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve this Creole
white bean soup piping hot, with cornbread if desired.
Cajun Recipes Page 1