Cajun Pork Butt
- 1 (6 pound) boneless pork butt
- 15 to 20 garlic slivers
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes (or less)
- 4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Tony Chachere's Original Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut 15 to 20 slits 1-inch deep on external surface of pork butt.
- Press one garlic sliver into each slit with thumb, to bottom of slit. On
top of each garlic sliver, insert 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes in the
slit. Pinch slit closed.
- In a bowl, mix mustard, Cajun seasoning, brown sugar and black pepper.
Mix well and apply to pork butt.
- Lightly dust with a coating of red pepper flakes. Wrap in plastic wrap
and refrigerate overnight.
- Smoke cook using apple and hickory chips on a covered barbecue pit off
the heat for 1 hour per pound or until the internal temperature reaches 190
Serves about 8 to 10.
This recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes
Non Cajun Pork Recipes