Cajun Oyster Stew
- 1/2 Stick butter
- 1 TB Flour
- 1 Small bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 Quart milk
- 1 Rib celery
- 6 cloves
- 3 dozen oysters and liquor
- Salt, pepper, white pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Melt butter over low heat; add flour; stir until well
blended; add white part of chopped onion and cook for a short while.
mile separately; add to the roux. Add green part of chopped onions, chopped
celery, cloves and seasoning. Cook slowly.
- When thickened, add oysters
and liquor. Do not boil.
- Remove cloves before serving.
- Serve very hot.
Source: The Pink Pantry Cookbook
Chef: Margaret B
More Cajun And Creole Recipes