Cajun Hot Wings
You can make these Cajun Chicken wings hot, hotter or hottest! It's your
choice when making these wings. Suggestions are given to help you decide!
- 1 (16 oz.) bottle hot sauce (see below for suggestions)*
- 2 sticks
of whole, salted butter
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Salt, black pepper, red pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 32 chicken
wings, tips cut off, drums divided from wings
- Combine buttermilk, hot sauce, mustard and lemon juice and coat
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper to your liking.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 6 hours prior to
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees or Heat charcoal pit to
about 300 degrees.
- Sear chicken wings on both sides in a
preheated large frying pan over high heat for about one and a half
minutes to two minutes per side.
- If using the pit, sear chicken wings on
both sides, until they are crispy and brown. They do not necessarily
have to be cooked through at this point.
- Place wings in a baking
container and bake wings in the oven for an additional 45 minutes to 1
hour, until wings are dark golden-brown and extra crispy.
wings with sauce using ladle.
*Hot Sauce Suggestions:
Louisiana Brand for mild, Crystal Brand for medium, or Melinda's XXX for
hot. It is highly recommended not to use Tabasco for this recipe.
For those who want messier wings vs. crispy wings, take half the
sauce and bake the wings in the sauce, using reserve to coat when the
wings are done cooking in the oven.
Baste wings with melted butter
and serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and celery stalks.
Yield : 32 to 40 pieces Prep Time : 30m Cook Time : 60m Ready In : 1:30
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Real Cajun Recipes .
Cajun Recipes Page 1