Cajun Couche Couche
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. coking oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup water approximately (maybe a little more)
- Mix cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and water, being sure that the
mixture is not too dry.
- Place mixture into hot oil and cook in a cast iron pot or heavy pot.
- Let the mixture form a "crust" at the bottom of the pot.
and then lower the heat to simmer.
- CCover and cook about 20 minutes stirring frequently. Serve with milk
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes