Cajun Brownie Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup
- (1 stick) margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup solid Crisco shortening
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
For the brownie:
- Sift together sugar, flour and salt.
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil margarine, water, Crisco and cocoa powder.
Add to the flour mixture.
- Add baking soda/buttermilk mixture. Add eggs.
- Mix all together Pour into greased and floured jellyroll pan.
- Bake the brownie cake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F, until a wooden
pick comes out clean.
For the Icing:
- Put butter in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Beat in remaining ingredients except chopped nuts. Fold in nuts.
- Pour over hot brownie base.
- Cut into squares when cool.
This recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes