Cajun Blooming Onion
- 3 very large onions
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cajun dipping sauce,
Buttermilk Ranch or Thousand Island Dressing
- Cut onions into several sections, so that they fan out like flowers. Be sure
not to cut roots so onion will stay together.
- Cover onions with buttermilk and
refrigerate for several hours.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
remove onions from buttermilk and sprinkle dry ingredients over onion, making
sure entire onion is covered.
- Deep fry in oil in a large fryer at 375 degrees F
for 4 minutes. Dip into dressing.
Non Cajun Appetizers