Blackened Louisiana Alligator Slider
These bite size sliders with alligator meat, pack a big flavor with
blackening spice, and a blend of creole mustard and tartar sauce used instead of
- 3/4 lb. Louisiana alligator, cut into medallions 1.5 oz., lb.
- 1 3/4 Tbsp. creole mustard
- 3/4 cup tartar sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared blackening seasoning
- 8 slider buns
- 8 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 inch thick 8 leaf lettuce leaves - cut to fit the slider bun
- 8 Kosher pickle chips
- Mix Creole mustard with tartar sauce and hold under refrigeration until
- Toss Louisiana Alligator with blackening seasoning. Place on hot grill,
turning one time until cooked through.
- Toast cut sides of slider buns.
- Spread 3/4 tsp. Creole tartar sauce on each cut side.
- Place heels on serving plates, top each with 3 tomato slices, 2 lettuce
leaves and 1 medallion grilled alligator and close with crowns.
- Garnish each plate with 3 pickle chips.
Photo Courtesy of Louisiana Seafood for Life. Recipe courtesy of
Louisiana Seafood and Marketing Board. (www.louisianaseafood.com)