- 2 lbs. alligator tail meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 Tbsp. Jay's
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- White rémoulade (for serving)
Jay’s Blackening Mix
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated onion
tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground
- Place a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot,
about 7 minutes. I
- n a large bowl, add alligator meat, and toss with
Jay’s Blackening Mix.
- Add canola oil to the skillet, and
carefully add alligator in batches. Let cook until meat is blackened and
releases easily, 2 to 3 minutes.
- When it releases, turn each piece, and
cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove alligator from the skillet, and serve
hot with white rémoulade.
- Seasoning Mix: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Store
covered for up to 1 year.
courtesy of Louisiana Seafood.
Photo courtesy of Hoffman Media
Cajun Recipes Page 1