BBQ Shrimp Po’Boy
- 1/2 each French bread loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Louisiana
shrimp, peeled and deveined, your favorite size
- 1 tablespoon your favorite
- 8 tablespoons Abita amber beer
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash your favorite
Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 pound whole butter, unsalted, cold
- Slice two 8-inch sections from the French bread and core out
the centers. Toast cored bread and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over
medium heat, add the shrimp and seafood seasoning. Sauté them until almost done.
Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- In the hot sauté pan, add the garlic,
thyme, and rosemary. Once the garlic is toasted, add the lemon juice to deglaze
the pan. Next, add the beer, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Lower the heat and
allow this to reduce.
- Add the cold butter and keep stirring to
incorporate. Return the shrimp to the pan and allow them to heat thoroughly.
- Fill the reserved French bread with the shrimp and sauce.
courtesy of Louisianaseafood.com
Name of Chef: Brent Applewhite