Barbecued Crawfish Served Over Grits or Sliced French Bread.
This crawfish dish bursting with flavor! Along with fresh mushrooms and
butter, onions, bell peppers and more. Serve this in bowls over grits or sliced
- 2 lbs. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat (*see note)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 oz. barbecue sauce
- 2 t. Cajun/ Creole seasoning
- Sliced French bread
- Melt butter.
- Add peppers and onions and sauté' until tender.
- Add mushrooms and barbecue sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish and seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls over grits or French bread.
you do not have crawfish available in your area, peeled shrimp will work
just fine in this recipe.
Recipe is courtesy of Leslie Davis at Louisiana
Crawfish and Marketing Board .
Photo credit: Dan4th Nicholas.
Cajun Recipes Page 1