Baby Alligator Sandwich
- 1 Loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- aluminum foil
- Cut a 2-inch piece off
the end of a loaf of dough and set aside. Stretch and roll the rest of the loaf
to about 17-inches, forming a narrow tail and leaving a broad head. Pull this
end into a long, flattened mouth.
- In the middle of the gator, cut two 3-inch
lines horizontal to the body. Cut in the middle of each line and pull each stump
out to form legs. Now place the gator body on a large sprayed baking sheet.
- With a small knife, slice the mouth open about 4-inches. To keep it open,
slide in a folded piece of aluminum foil. Roll up additional foil into log
shapes and insert between folded foil. Form an upturned ridge at the end of the
- Divide remaining dough into 6 sections. Roll 2 sections into oval
teardrops for eyes. Poke 2 holes very close together in top of gator head and
drop eyes into the holes. For the feet, press 4 sections into triangles and cut
toes. Place feet under legs. With sharp scissors, clip jaw, back and sides of
- Brush well with egg. Let rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 350°F 25-30
minutes. After 10 minutes open oven and gently press eyes together.
- Remove foil
after gator has cooled completely.
Prep Time: 15 min (not including thaw
time) Bake Time: 25-30 min A clever way to serve an
Courtesy of Rhodes Bread.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes