- 2 pounds ground alligator
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground pork fat
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sage
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce to taste
- 15 feet casing for stuffing
- In large
mixing bowl, combine all of the above ingredients with the exception of the
casing. Add one cup of ice water to the mixture. Using both hands, blend
the ingredients well.
- Continue to mix in a rolling motion until the fat
content of the pork coats the surface of the mixture. This is imperative if
the sausage is to be moist and juicy since alligator by nature is quite dry.
- Once the ingredients are well blended, you may wish to check the seasonings
by sautéing a small patty in a frying pan. Correct seasonings if necessary.
- Stuff the sausage mixture in the hog casing and tie off
in six inch links.
cook, poach the sausage in lightly salted water for three to five minutes, grill over pecan wood or bake in a 375 degree F oven until golden brown,
approximately ten to twelve minutes.
Yields: 25-6 inch links
Just about anything is great to serve with this. But I like to eat
Cajun Cracklins with mine.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes