Cajun Alligator Etouffee
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, minced
cloves - minced
4 Celery stalks - chopped
1 can Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. alligator meat, diced
- Sauté onions, garlic and celery in butter until soft.
- Add tomatoes and
simmer for twenty minutes in covered iron pot.
- Add alligator meat and let
cook over low heat until tender, about 1 hour.
- If gravy is too thick, add a
little hot water. Serve over rice.
Easy Microwave Corn on The
Cob is a great side dish for this etouffee.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes