Spicy Crawfish and Spinach Casserole
- 3 10-oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish
- 6 T. butter
- 3 T. flour
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. evaporated milk
- 3/4 c. vegetable liquor, from spinach
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1/2 t. celery
- 1 t. garlic salt
- 8 oz. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 c.
sliced almonds, optional
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain and reserve liquor.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until
blended and smooth, but not brown.
- Add liquids slowly, stirring constantly
to avoid lumps, until smooth and thick.
- Add seasonings, cheese and
Worcestershire, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Add spinach to cheese
mixture. Stir in crawfish. Pour into a greased 13” x 9” casserole.
- Top with
bread crumbs and almonds, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes