Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce
- 2 lb Louisiana Crawfish Tails, raw, peeled, shells reserved
cup Canola oil
- 2 cups Onions, small dice
- 1 cup Green bell peppers,
- 1 cup Red bell peppers, small dice
- 2 Tbsp Creole
- 2 Tbsp Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
- 5 cups Heavy
- 8 ea Eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Green onions, divided
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Premade pasta sheets (or square wonton wrappers),
- 2 cups Tomatoes, canned, diced, with liquid
- 1 cup
- 6 ea Garlic, whole clove
- 1/2 cup Sherry wine
sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1 ea Bay leaf
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat canola oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add
onions and sauté until translucent, but with no color (about 5 minutes).
- Add green and red bell peppers, Louisiana Crawfish tails, Creole
seasoning and Original TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce.
- Cook until crawfish
are cooked through (1-2 minutes) and add 1 cup heavy cream. Reduce until
most of cream has evaporated and pan is almost dry. Remove from heat and
allow to cool slightly.
- Once cool enough to touch, add 4 eggs and 1
cup green onions and mix. Then add breadcrumbs gradually and mix to
combine. Reserve chilled until ready to make ravioli.
- To make
ravioli, roll out sheet of pasta (or use square wonton wrappers). Cut
into 3-inch squares. Place spoonful of crawfish mixture in middle of
each pasta square. Brush edges of pasta with remaining egg and fold over
to form triangle. Use fork to press edges down to seal. Repeat, using
rest of crawfish filling. Reserve prepared ravioli in refrigerator until
ready to cook.
- To prepare Crawfish Cream Sauce, combine remaining 4
cups cream, tomatoes, shallots, garlic, sherry, thyme, bay leaf and
reserved crawfish shells in large sauce pot. Bring to simmer and cook
until reduced by ½. Strain into sauce pot and season to taste with salt
and pepper. Reserve hot.
- Cook ravioli in salted boiling water until
pasta is tender. While pasta is cooking, heat up some Crawfish Cream
Sauce in large sauté pan.
- Remove ravioli from water and drain. Add
ravioli to sauce and simmer additional minute or two.
- To plate, place
6 raviolis or (10 raviolis for entrée) on each plate and spoon some
Crawfish Cream Sauce on top. Garnish with remaining ½ cup chopped green
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Louisiana Seafood
Cajun Recipes Page 1