Drago’s Restaurant Oyster Pasta
- 1 gal. oysters
- 1 1/2 cups whole garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups parsley, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 1/2 cups olive oil blend (75% canola and 25% Italian olive oil)
- 64-oz. jar your favorite Alfredo sauce
- 2 lbs. angel hair pasta, cooked
- Salt, to taste
- Parboil the oysters in a large stockpot in their own water until
they start to curl on the ends. You do not want to overcook the oysters.
- Drain and discard oyster water.
- Then move on to making a
Bordelaise sauce by blending garlic in processor for 20 to 25 seconds
until finely chopped.
- Then blend parsley in processor for 20 to
25 seconds until finely chopped.
- Combine garlic and olive oil
together in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley to bowl with garlic and olive oil. Mix all 3
ingredients well; this completes the Bordelaise.
- Warm the Alfredo
sauce and add the Bordelaise sauce and oysters. Serve over cooked pasta
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Louisiana Seafood Board
and Drago’s Restaurant
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes