Crawfish Rice with Coconut and Peanuts
- 4 T. oil
- 2 c. rice
- 3 3/4 c. cold water
- 1 T. minced onion
- 2 t. salt
- 2 T. butter or margarine
- 3/4 c. grated, unsweetened coconut
- 1 lb. crawfish tail meat, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped salted peanuts
- 1 t. curry powder
- 2 T. minced parsley
- In a heavy pot combine the oil, rice, water, onion and salt.
- Stir once,
bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Cook 25-30 minutes or until water is
absorbed and rice is cooked. Do not lift cover or stir while cooking.
butter or margarine in skillet.
- Add coconut and cook, stirring, until
- Stir in crawfish, curry and peanuts. Add parsley.
half of coconut-crawfish mixture with cooked rice.
- Place in serving dish and
sprinkle remaining coconut-crawfish mixture on top.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes