Cheesy Pasta Bake with Pesto and Meat Sauce
Delicious and cheesy, this pasta dish will be a hit with your family and
friends! Serve with garlic bread if desired.
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, (14.5oz cans)
- 1 can tomato sauce, (8oz can)
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 10 oz pasta shells
- 1 ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add butter and onions; sauté
- Increase heat to medium-high, add ground meat and
sauté, making sure to cook meat until it is no longer pink.
- In the same
sauce pan, add jalapeños, basil, Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Seasoning,
tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and
simmer for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to
400 degrees F.
- While sauce is simmering, boil pasta according to
package instructions but only cook pasta until it’s al dente*. Drain and
- Once sauce has finished simmering, remove from heat
and stir in pesto. Add pasta shells to sauce and mix gently until sauce
and pasta are well mixed.
- In a 2.5 quart, oven safe dish, add
half of pasta and sauce to the bottom of the dish.
- Layer half of the
mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, followed by the remaining pasta and
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan
cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and
- Top with fresh basil leaves and more Parmesan, serve and enjoy!
*Al Dente: Pasta is cooked to be firm to the bite.
Photo courtesy of Jack Walker at
Slap Ya Mama
Cajun Recipes Page 1