Catfish BLT with Lemon Aïoli
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Butter or margarine
- 12 slices smoked bacon, cooked
- Sliced tomato
- Baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- IN A MEDIUM BOWL, mix all ingredients until well blended.
- COMBINE cornmeal, flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
catfish with cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
- Fill a large, heavy skillet half full with vegetable oil.
- Heat to 350°
F.ADD catfish in single layer and fry until golden brown, about 5 to 6
minutes, depending on size.
- REMOVE and drain on paper towels.
butter on each side of rolls, and lightly brown in a large skillet.
toasted bread with Lemon Aïoli.
- Layer tomatoes, spinach, bacon and catfish on bread.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Us Catfish
Institute . Used with permission.