- 1 1/2 ts Yeast, active dry
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1/2 c Water
- 1/2 ts Poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 tb Butter
- 2 c White bread flour
- 3/4 ts Yeast, fast rise or machine
- This light egg bread represents the manna of the desert in Jewish
- For special holidays, the dough can be styled into a
variety of shapes.
- Success Hints: For traditional braided
Challah, mix ingredients (without poppy seeds) in the dough cycle.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, punch down, divide into ropes
and braid, pinching dough together at ends. Top with poppy seeds.
- Lift onto greased baking sheet and allow to double, about one hour.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Use regular or rapid bake
cycle. 1 1/2 ts Yeast, active dry - or - 3/4 ts Yeast, fast rise or
Makes 1 Loaf of Challah bread.
Bread Machine Recipes