Seafood Au Gratin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound bay or sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons oat flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 (4 ounce) can button mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 pound cooked crab meat (can be canned if good quality)
- 2 cups shredded Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly butter 8 small baking dishes.
- In a large
skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sauté shrimp and scallops
until firm, about 5 minutes. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over
medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add chicken broth and
egg yolks, and raise heat to medium-high. Stir until lightly thickened.
Mix in shallots, mushrooms and wine. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
shrimp, scallops and crab in the bottom of prepared dishes. Pour sauce
over seafood and cover with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden,
about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Serves 8. 4
carbs per serving.
Atkins Diet Recipes