Southern Fried Chicken
- Chicken pieces (thighs, wings, legs...)
- 1 cup Atkins Bake Mix
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Mix cream, water,
and beaten egg in bowl. Dip each chicken piece into cream mixture, then
coat chicken with dry mix. (Use a plastic shaker bag if you like.)
- Fill a skillet about halfway with light olive or grape seed oil.
Heat to medium-high heat (when water "pops" in the oil, it's ready.)
- Fry chicken without crowding. Use two skillets or do in two batches
if necessary. (The oil will bubble up at first, then calm down as it
- Turn down the heat to medium to allow chicken to cook
thoroughly. Turn the chicken periodically to brown evenly.
golden brown, drain on paper towels and remove to serving plate. Enjoy!
Servings depend on amount of chicken used.
Less than 1
gram of carbs per chicken piece.
Atkins Diet Recipes