Pork Chops And Sauerkraut
- 16 center-cut pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons bacon drippings
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons prepared hot mustard (Dijon or Dusseldorf)
- 2 pounds sauerkraut, drained
- 1 cup diced peeled tart green apples
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 8 slices of crisp bacon, diced
- Brown well-trimmed chops on both sides in bacon drippings. Sprinkle with
salt and pepper and rub mustard into both sides of chops.
- Combine sauerkraut, apples, and caraway seeds in large casserole and
arrange chops, slightly overlapping, on top.
- Preheat oven to
- Tightly cover and bake 1/2 hour. Uncover and bake 1/2
- Transfer chops and sauerkraut to deep, heated
platter and sprinkle with crisp bacon.
Makes 8 servings, 7.4
carbohydrate grams per serving.
Atkins Diet Recipes