Pork & Pepper Stir Fry Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme, crumbled
- Dash ground hot red pepper
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/2 tsp not/starch (or 1 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 small red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 small green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 stalk celery, sliced on diagonal
- 1 jar mushrooms (straw or buttons), drained
- Cut tenderloin into 3-inch lengths; cut each piece into 3/8-inch
"sticks". Combine the soy sauce, lime, garlic, oregano, thyme, hot red
pepper, and bay leaf in a medium size bowl.
- Remove the pork and
drain well. Stir the Brown Sugar Twin and not/starch (or cornstarch)
into the marinade and reserve. Heat 1 Tablespoon of the oil in a large
skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and
stir fry for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer the pork to serving
plate; rinse and dry skillet.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon
oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and celery and cook for 3
minutes. Stir in the marinade; add to the vegetables and cook for 1
minute. Stir in meat and mushrooms and cook until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings. 4.5 grams per serving
using not/starch; 5.3 grams per serving using cornstarch.
Atkins Diet Recipes