Rum Custard Sauce
(For use on blueberries, sliced peaches, or strawberries.)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon real sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Splenda
- 1/2 heavy cream, whipped with artificial sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Rum
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1-inch piece vanilla bean
- 2 egg yolks
milk and cream with vanilla bean to just below a boil in top of a double
boiler. Discard vanilla bean.
- Beat egg yolks, Splenda, and sugar
until light and lemon colored. Gradually stir in whole milk and cream
- Strain mixture back into double boiler and heat over
simmering water. Stir with a wooden spoon until custard thickens and
coats the spoon. Immediately set pan into cold water to stop cooking.
- At serving time, stir the rum into custard and fold in whipped
Makes 2 cups. 1/2 gram per Tablespoon.
Atkins Diet Recipes