Sour Cream Mushroom Onion Sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beef stock or drippings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in butter in a skillet, until mushrooms are
tender and onions are clear.
- Dissolve the guar gum in the water.
Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients to a saucepan.
- Bring to
a boil and stir until smooth. Spoon over meatballs, hamburger, roast,
Total carbs recipe: 4.6 grams. Servings: 2 - 4.
Atkins Diet Recipes