Mustard Cream Steak Gravy
- Pan drippings from any steak cut
- 1/4 Cup dry Vermouth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup heavy whipping cream
- Blend Vermouth, mustard and thyme in a small saucepan. Heat to
simmering. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. (This is a
good time to prepare your steak and set aside.)
- Remove pan
drippings from skillet or broiler plate (take as little standing oil as
possible, we are simply capturing the meat flavor here) and add to wine
mixture. Return to high heat.
- Add butter and cream and boil
rapidly until mustard gravy is thick and golden. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat; transfer to gravy boat or pour over sliced meat.
Great with veal steaks too!
Makes 4 servings. 1 carb per
Atkins Diet Recipes