Chocolate Angel Food Cake
- 8 eggs, separated
- 6-10 pkts Splenda®
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 pkg. Swiss Miss® Fat Free w/Splenda® hot cocoa
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate flavor Protein Powder
- (Designer Protein, Protein 95, ProFormix, Soy Pro, etc.)
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar. Add
3 pkts Splenda and beat until stiff but not dry.
- In a separate
bowl, mix the yolks with remainder of Splenda (amount variation is to
allow for your sweetness level preference) and 1/2 package of hot cocoa
mix. Add 1/2 Tbsp cocoa and mix well.
- Take a spoonful of white
mixture and blend into yolk mixture. Pour the yolk mixture over the
whites and sift the remaining Swiss Miss mix, cocoa powder, chocolate
protein powder and soy flour over this.
- Fold all of this
together, gently and spoon into a small Bundt pan or loaf pan that has
been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until
firm. Do not over bake. Frost with chocolate frosting or peanut butter
frosting if desired.
Approx. 26 carbs, 4 fiber in entire cake
Atkins Diet Recipes