Chocolate Torte Cake
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For Chocolate Cream Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/4 cup Creme de Cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- To make Chocolate Cream filling: Combine
Splenda, cocoa, vanilla extract, and cream in a small mixing bowl and
beat until thick. Add Creme de Cacao and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- To make torte: Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and almond
extract in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add
Splenda. Continue beating until stiff.
- Spray cookie sheets with
PAM. Spread meringue in three 6-inch circles.
- Bake in preheated
oven 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets
- Place one layer on serving plate. Spread 1/3
of chocolate cream filling on top. Add another layer and spread with 1/3
of filling. Repeat until filling and layers are used. Sprinkle almonds
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
10 servings. 5.7 grams of carbohydrate per serving.
Atkins Diet Recipes