Banana Spice Cake
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (full fat) softened
- 1 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/2 cup Diabetisweet
- 1 teaspoon Brown SugarTwin *
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons sugar free banana extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar free vanilla extract
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and sweeteners well. Add eggs one at a time,
beating well after each.
- Mix almond flour with baking powder and
spices. Add egg to mixture a little at a time while beating. Add banana
and vanilla extracts.
- Pour into greased 9"-10" Spring form pan
(or 9" round cake pan) and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.
Canadian cyclamate-version works best. If you have only American
(saccharin) version and find it bitter, substitute 1/2 teaspoon molasses
- Add 1/2 carb gram per serving additional.
8 servings. 6.2 grams of carbohydrate per serving.
Atkins Diet Recipes