Cool Strawberry Cream Pie
For Meringue Shell:
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 Tablespoons Splenda®
- 1 small pkg. sugar-free gelatin (strawberry or raspberry)
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda®
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Grease one Pyrex pie plate and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar then beat until
whites stand in peaks. Add Splenda and beat for an additional minute or
- Spread the meringue evenly in the bottom of the plate and
up the sides.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes in a 275°F oven, then
raise the temperature to 300° and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool while you make filling:
gelatin with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/3 cup cold water. Place in
freezer for approximately 15-20 minutes (just until it begins to gel.)
- When the gelatin is ready, whip the heavy cream until stiff (but
not dry). Fold in cream cheese and Splenda. Fold in gelatin. Stir in
strawberries (reserving a few for garnish if you like.)
over meringue shell in pie plate and let chill until firm, about 2
Serves 8. 5 grams per serving.
Atkins Diet Recipes